Monday, June 21, 2010

Real Motherhood: The things I don’t want you to know about me


After reading this post at Inspired to Action, and in the spirit of authenticity, I thought that I would list the things I don’t want you to know about me. I agree with Kat completely when she says that in the blogging world it’s easy only to talk about the positive things and good stuff that we do.

I’ve also noticed in the comments of a few blogs I read, some people commending others for being “good mamas”. We’re all good mama’s – we just don’t see the entirety of people’s lives from a blog.

MY LIST
  1. I like vaccuming and sweeping but I’m hopeless at remembering to wash floors or dust
  2. Even though I make 90% of our food from scratch, there are days I just want to scream rather than cook or bake another thing (even though I have no choice, but that’s one of the reasons I want to scream).
  3. I love reading but along with educational books, I love trash too (like Jill Mansell, Marian Keyes etc)
  4. I’m a major cranky pants when deprived of sleep over multiple nights
  5. I’m just as shouty as the next mama when my buttons are pushed. I try to be the parent, the bigger person but sometimes I yell back at a 3.5 year old :-)
  6. There are days my loungeroom looks like a bomb or whirlwind hit it (his name is Little B)…and then I step over the mess and go about my day LOL.
  7. I grow some of our own vegies, cook and eat them. But some days a leaf eaten by a snail turns my stomach (did I mention I hate bugs?)
  8. Just one quick read of a blog somehow never turns out to be that quick
  9. There are days being a SAHM cum WAHM is mind numbingly boring, and feels like being trapped in a box with the lid on
  10. I hate the cold and the rain. If anyone other than Little B wanted to go outside and play they would get a few choice words
  11. I hate storytime at the library – both the librarians that run the one’s near home are hugely irritating!
  12. Little B’s kindergarten teacher is a moron – enough said LOL :-)
  13. I’m very down to earth and practical but I’m vain. I had a bad haircut recently and I spend too much time looking in the mirror wishing my hair would grow back faster.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have a real life too. It is really easy to dwell on the good, productive and just fun when blogging. Sometimes it is nice to see a post that screams NOT PERFECT OVER HERE.

    The next Transition Towns Food Group Swap is this weekend. Sat 26.6.2010 9-10am at Magpie House Main St Upwey, you can either bring food to swap or money to buy depending on what's going on in your garden.

    Hope to see you there,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Hope it was relief to get them out there. I hear you about a lot of them. When my husband is away on business, 3 out of 5 nights I eat sugar cereal for dinner- and LOVE it! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to make a list of my own! c

    ReplyDelete