Saturday, November 7, 2009

What I don’t do….

In homage to Unstuffed, I have decided to do my own list of some of What I Don’t Do…

- I don’t use the clothes dryer
- I don’t use my lights in the house unless it is dark outside
- If its yellow, I let it mellow
- I don’t use the air conditioner
- I don’t use shampoo or conditioner
- I don’t use chemicals for cleaning or bathing or anything really
- I eat very little processed, pre-packaged foods
- I don’t use disposable beauty or personal products (Lunette cup, cloth pads)
- I try not to buy new (secondhand clothes, secondhand furniture, borrow from the library, freecycle, reuse / recycle etc etc)
- I don’t accept junk mail, I don’t buy magazines, I don’t buy newspapers
- I don’t leave the computer plugged in (use a laptop and its battery)
- I am trying not to use plastic (currently in the slow process of converting all our containers over to glass)
- I don’t do bottled water (sigg bottles baby – all the way)
- I don’t use plastic shopping bags
- I don’t let Little B watch much tv (there are better things to do in life)

I’d like to add heaps more to this list – but what can I say, I’m a work in progress ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment