** I’ve made both these recipes back when I was following an elimination diet, Little B has never had the egg one obviously but has tried the oil based one **
1. Dairy, soy, nut free version
100g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
4 egg yolks
2 cups rice milk
Add 1stp vanilla essence for vanilla ice cream
Add 1/3rd cup cocoa for choc icecream
- Combine caster sugar, egg yolks, cornflour, beat until mixture becomes very very light yellow.
- Bring rice milk to boil on stove top. Mix together.
- Put back into saucepan and stir continuously until slightly thicker.
- Cool in fridge for 7 hours. Put in icecream maker as per instructions.
- and walla you have ice cream.
2. Dairy, soy, egg and nut free version
Exactly the same as above but instead of egg yolk, you add 1tbsp rice bran oil.
I used the 2nd recipe for ice cream Christmas puddings last year and everyone loved them.