Thursday, November 19, 2009

20 years on and still current


I’m currently reading Introduction to Permaculture by Bill Mollison and am just blown away by the fact that Bill Mollison wrote this in the early 90’s. Nearly 20 years later, I’m impressed that so much of what he has written is even more applicable today.

I love the concepts in Permaculture and eventually hope to do a short or weekend course to study it a bit further. The idea of planning your garden around 4 zones really appeals to me. Also the idea that everything that comes onto your block, stays on your block really resonates with me. So much so that I am making a huge concerted effort to follow this principle as best I can. Its made me change my shopping habits even more.

By luck and a bit of information, we have accidently designed Granny B’s garden in this way. Yay for us. But with my new “garden” already forming in my mind, I am so eager to embrace and implement permaculture principles and design on its blank canvas. I am well into the design stage and am really enjoying the planning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment