Saturday, October 29, 2011

this saturday i'm grateful for winston churchill

Picture from here

I had to laugh when I read the title to this post - it seems a bit out there :-) Anyways, this Saturday I'm grateful for:

* winston churchill - winston had a saying "never never never give up" and we've adopted it as a mantra for the family. I love the power of positive thinking.

* perseverance - Little B has decided it's time to ride his bike without training wheels. And even if he is a bit wobbly he is mastering it (on flat ground anyways). But he just keeps on trying!!

* honesty - I have to say that I felt yesterday's post kind of freeing. I havent had the motivation to blog recently as regularly as I used to. Instead I felt boxed in and like my life prevented me from saying much at all.

Check out Maxabella loves for more grateful loveliness this Saturday xx


3 comments:

  1. never, never , never give up.. I will take that one and log it away as I too have been struggling with my next steps. I have had such a hard task getting my website up and running and I now I have to work out how to market it.. all just seems too much some days.

    Thanks for inspiring me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I didn't get to reply to yesterdays post yet... I have only had time for reading blogs lately, not really for commenting like I like to do. Anyways, it was brave of you to tell us private things about yourself you may have been holding back. I think you & your family & your son are very inspirational... you've been through so much, and yet you seem to put on a positive, brave face, and find the joys in life. Such determination!

    I think most bloggers go through times of feeling like that, not sure what or how to say things... or for me, too many things to say to know where to start! But not only do I blog because it is like my online journal, a way to clarify thoughts, get feedback from like-minded people BUT I blog as honestly as I do, because I hope I am helping others who may also be going through the wide range of emotions, ups & downs, joys & crap that I am! So good on you for taking a step out of your comfort zone and I hope you continue to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winston is one of my "wise four". Everything I've needed to know, Churchill, Dorothy Parker, Oscar Wilde and Mark Twain ave covered it.

    (I'm off to read yesterday's post. I'm a very slack Friday blogger.)

    ReplyDelete