Sunday, October 2, 2011

RIP Sarah


Sara Douglass died last Tuesday 27 Sept from ovarian cancer. She was best known as an Australian fantasy writer. And as you can see from her Facebook page many people have been moved by her passing.

But I first knew Sara through forums for simple living. She was one of my first inspirations for immersing myself in vegie gardening, for taking up preserving, for being prepared and for making a move to a more simpler life. She was kind and knowledgeable and shared her information willingly and wisely with everyone. I followed her adventures at Nonsuch Gardens on her blog and the ultimately her brave fight against cancer through this blog as well.

I admired Sara immensely and even though I didnt know her personally, I am saddened by this loss for the wider community. Like she lived life, she fought her personal fight bravely, with fire and the world is emptier place without her. Farewell Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment