Monday, May 23, 2011

Patiently waiting

I've been patiently waiting for our apple trees to lose their leaves, as I'm mad keen to transplant them to a different part of the garden. Our neighbours trees have grown since we planted them and they just dont get enough sun.

Our pear trees have already lost their leaves, so how are the apple trees going...
Hmm I guess I'll just have to stretch my patience just that little bit longer LOL.

In the meantime we've been digging holes for new fruit trees. We hope to get our bare rooted trees fairly soon (I cant believe it's nearly June already!!) - a plum, an almond and hopefully another peach. I've also been organising some more half wine barrels as we want to get more blueberry plants.

The very back of Granny B's block is fairly bare (other than grass) and fairly redundant, so our hope is that this area will be filled with fruit trees and just maybe one day her much dreamed about chooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment