Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kitchen Concoctions

Lemon cordial steeping

I love the days that Little B is at preschool. I spend these free daylight hours indulging myself by making different concoctions in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake but don’t get as much free time as I’d like to experiment. So I’ve designated these 5 hours a week as my kitchen play time.

It lets me have the success, failures and complications without my faithful side kick sticking his fingers in or asking me why he cant eat said food before it is cooked ;-)

It’s during this space that I’ve learnt to make gnocchi, hot cross buns, pastry, jam, and cordials as well as adapt and trial allergy friendly recipes.

Stewed fruit for icypoles

With some good tunes to croon along to (current faves are Basia Bulat and Norah Jones), I find this time reinvigorating. It allows me to be me – not Mr B’s wife or Little B’s mum or a good employee – just me. It’s serene, it’s peaceful, it gives me solace….it’s simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment