Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love is...



...staying up all night with a sick child :-)

Well we came home with more than artwork and good stories from preschool yesterday…..a doozey of a cold that has started with the most horrendous cough. Little B has been up all night with a high temperature and this morning coughing till he vomited (not a pretty picture, I know but yay for the vomit bowl we keep under the bed!!).

So I have spent most of today ensconced on the end of Little B’s bed listening to Sparkle Stories, reading him The Wandering Wombles, crocheting squares, and knitting dishcloths.

And when he has slept I’ve done loads of laundry before being called back to his bed, where I have been used as a pillow or a tissue and read books of my own (I'm loving Heidi Swanson's new cookbook).

As for dinner, whenever Little B is sick, I resort to whatever is fastest to cook and eat – so the moment I knew what I was in for, I threw on the slow cooker with a lentil vegie casserole. Just add some rice and it’s all sorted.

On days like these, I just surrender and go with the flow, don’t try to get anything in particular done, and hope that it passes quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment