Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crochet - Feeling the love



I started crochet lessons this week and I have to say I’m feeling the love.

I’ve crocheted the odd beanie in the past but found it a really difficult concept to pickup let alone continue with. And now I know why….I had learned off a leftie when I am right handed. 10 minutes into my first lesson yesterday, I discovered this as my teacher Kirsten showed me how to do it right handed and then I was away.

I dont enjoy knitting very much these days...I'm very slow and it hurts my eyes (I wear glasses). So I love the immediacy of crocheting and crocheted my way through my first granny square yesterday and am already onto my second. Our first project is a scarf – rather timely given the freezing weather we’ve been having.

And sitting in that lovely local craft shop with a group of women (and all our children crafting and playing in another room) snug with a heater, while it was dreary and cold outside was quite simply lovely.

I'm now full of ideas of what to do with all the wool I have lying around the place :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment