Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dont leave us

I'm sad to see so many people leaving the blog-o-sphere at the moment because they feel they have nothing to say :-( People like Julie from Toward Sustainability, who I am very sad to say has decided to stop blogging. I also think a lot of people are feeling pressured to produce particular kinds of blogs (as Eat at Dixibelle's explains quite nicely here).

I don't think about risks much. I just do what I want to do. If you gotta go, you gotta go ~ Lillian Carter


I think we all have something to say and that we should blog from the heart. It's not a popularity contest and we should blog with passion and as much honesty as we choose to share LOL. I also think Sonia made a great point about apologising about our blogs here.

Not all blogs can be 1950's sugar pie happiness. I'm another blogger who feels that peak oil is important. Mr B and I have every intention of living off the grid in the future. But I'm also a mum with a multiple allergy child, so cooking takes up way too much of my life. Hence you will see a fair bit of that on this blog.

This nation was built by men who took risks - pioneers who were not afraid of the wilderness, business men who were not afraid of failure, scientists who were not afraid of the truth, thinkers who were not afraid of progress, dreamers who were not afraid of action.  ~Brooks Atkinson

I'm also learning new skills as I want to be as self sufficient as I can be. I'm a crappy knitter but I am improving with practice. I spend far too much time being bossed around by a 3.5 year old but that's my choice as a SAHM. I'm also passionate about day to day things like unstructured play, and waldorf / montessori play ideas for children; being plastic and toxic free; and my love of gardening grows all the time (and I so didnt start off as an outdoors girl).

Why not go out on a limb?  Isn't that where the fruit is?  ~Frank Scully

This is me - I'm not looking for approval, or to be the same as the majority, or to win a popularity context. I love being part of this big group of free thinking interesting women and men blogging around the world.

Come back ladies we need the wide and varied contributions of many to this lovely blogland!! Write the things you'd like to read and discuss in the world, we'll all be better for it.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth ~ Katherine Mansfield

1 comment:

  1. I too read to experience someone's world from their unique point of view. It honestly saddens me when topics people are passionate about disappear from their writing. I have had it happen a couple of times with mine but whenever the stress that pushed me to safety subsides I tend to start taking a few risks again.

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete