Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lazy Sunday Afternoon


After a busy last week of the school holidays we enjoyed the last day by entertaining extended family for lunch. And who could have asked for a more beautiful day!! We don’t get to catch up with Mr B’s brother and SIL as much as we’d like so we make the most of it when we can.


With 3 gluten free people coming, I cooked up my gluten free go to meal. A summer harvest frittata recipe courtesy of Jude Blereau. This looks and smells divine (I love the smell of basil) and makes use of any seasonal vegies you can find.


And then what to cook for dessert? I turned to Donna Hay for inspiration for this gorgeous dessert – apple slice. I changed it to a pear slice, and made a gluten free and gluten version. All I can say is yum…I’ve never used Donna Hay recipes before but this did not disappoint.

It’s back into Term 2 tomorrow and hopefully this nice weather will last just a little bit longer. I don’t mind winter (who doesn’t like to snuggle and cocoon at home) but I’m not ready just yet for the arrival of constant cold and rain.

I’ve spent the last week thinking of ideas for kindy lunches (the pear slice was a trial run for a baked goodie), placing an order with Yalca fruit trees for some more fruit trees for our yard and booking in for some crochet classes. I’m not as comfortable crocheting as knitting and cant wait to sit with someone IRL to ask all my questions :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking through your blog, especially at the food and allergy posts. I am currently eating GF, DF, low amine and moderate Salicylates, mostly sticking to a failsafe diet but experimenting carefully with other foods, seeing what gives me IBS and other symptoms. So it's been interesting to read of your journey with your son and yourself. I came over from Rhonda's less meat challenge thread ... And I know what you mean about needing to keep meat in a limited diet! Only so much vegetarian cooking one can manage on a low-sals diets....

    ReplyDelete