Thursday, December 23, 2010

Puddings anyone?

 Picture courtesy of www.bbcgoodfood.com **

One of my favourite things about Christmas Day is our family tradition of ice cream puddings. Granny B used to make them but for the last 9 years, it has been my contribution. In the week before Christmas, I make our own ice cream with my trusty Krups ice cream maker. I then tailor make the pudding to the individual...my brother loves home-made honeycomb and chocolate, Mr B loves traditional pudding (which I crumble and fold through), Granny B loves berries and the list goes on.

When we have extended family or friends for Christmas Day, I cater to what they like (if I know) or I like to make something light and fresh. I love making fresh cherry and dark chocolate...yummo :-)

Before Little B was born we used store bought ice cream, and for the last 3 years I've made rice milk ice cream puddings. This year I'm using Rhonda's recipe for simple vanilla ice cream. Not only was it simple but it is so creamy and absolutely divine!! Bonus is we trialled the ice cream on Little B and no allergic reaction - yay!!!! :-)

** I would love to show a pic of ours put they are in the freezer getting ready for Christmas Day LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment