Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Earth Hour 2010



I'm joining Meagan at EcoMILF in "24 hours without using power" to celebrate Earth Hour on Saturday, 27th March 2010.


Our earth hour resolutions are:
* we will keep all appliances off (bar the fridge for 24 hours) - this includes laptops, television, fans, washing machine.
* we will avoid using the car (unless an emergency should occur)
* all lights off for 24 hours (bring on the candles and hand wound lamps)
* no showers for this house either :-). Little B will be in grotty little boy heaven!! Actually Mr B will be in grotty big boy heaven LOL.
* I'm not as ambitious as Meagan (and its all a bit too complicated with Little B's allergies) but we will easily go vegetarian for the day.


I cant wait to spend the family time together and I'm always first on board to tune out from the buzzy buzz of hectic mainstream life (I so wish we were off the grid). Little B still goes to sleep before the sun goes down but I love reading by candlelight, and am looking forward to spending time with Mr B.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I can't wait for the fun. And eating vegetarian all day is very ambitious and a great eco-step in the right direction. Can't wait to hear how it all went! xo m.

    ReplyDelete