Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rethinking Education

This is the most amazing TED talk by Sir Ken Robinson about schools killing creativity.

Little B wants to be an inventor and absolutely loves to craft. He fundamentally believes that he can and will build robots and "do science".

And what I draw from this talk is that we are right when we have embraced and supported his "gift of the human imagination". I've been holding off on putting Little B in a theatre class (which he also really wants) but can now see that it is just one step in the education of his whole being...

I also truly believe as Ken Robinson says that how can schools possibly educate children when we dont know what the world will look like in 5 years time, let alone 50.

1 comment:

  1. Goodmorning! Just stopping by to let you know I've awarded you with the "inspirational blogger award". Pop over to my blog to see.
    Hope you have a great day!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete