Monday, January 16, 2012

The Claw

How are the school holidays treating you?

Mr B & I took Little B to his first big boy movie at the cinemas the other day to see The Muppets. I think Mr B & I loved the movie more than Little B did. Such a throwback to our childhood...I loved The Muppets and this movie certainly doesnt disappoint :-)

Little B and I have been both swimming for fun a lot and as part of his school holiday swimming program. This is a really essential part of his physio program and keeps his muscles in constant use and motion. Also keeps up his strength. It helps that he is a total water baby, so a week is not complete without a visit to the indoor or outdoor pool.

We've both been drawing...


I'm really enjoying the whole decorating the new house shebang on a zero budget. It has really made me / us get creative and find some interesting places to buy furniture and furnishings.

and as for The Claw? Well that's what I feel like after 16 hours of painting each weekend. I can feel it's time to stop painting on a Sunday when my hand is permanently in The Claw position. The house is currently a no go zone for Little B, so when Granny B gets home from work I head off to the house to prep (plaster / sand / no more gaps / clean) one or two rooms. Then I paint said rooms the following weekend when I have more time and light. We only have 4 more rooms to go (but two are big projects as their walls are the most damaged by our restumping).

Mr B has nearly finished our bathroom. I just need to paint it, then all the fixtures like the bath will be fixed permanently and the shower screen still needs to come. Mr B went back to work today, so these things will have to wait until weekends or the evenings he does have free.

I cant wait to sit back & relax (read sleep) when this is all done :-) In the meantime, I leave you with this Muppet song!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the Muppets movie!!!

    Oh, your poor hands, but it will be worth it...

    ReplyDelete